Saturday, February 16, 2013

What a challenging week!  I am having problems with my email and it will not upload my pictures so this will be a somewhat boring post... but I need to keep a record of my progress or lack of it :-)

I think after re-cutting my bodice and back pieces that I may have cut them too big.  I was trying to make it smaller because the back was absolutely huge on the one I cut out first and so I cut it all down hoping that it would not look like a bag with large boxy arms... now I have a strange fabric bunch from my breast to my armpit and it seems to fit but does not look great... sigh... maybe I am being too picky, but I want to make clothes that I want to wear so I am trying to do it right.  I will post pictures as soon as I get DH to help figure out why my phone will not email me pictures anymore.  I have put the bias binding around the neck and stitched the bottom together... If it fit it would be a bit more exciting.  I am using an old sheet for the muslin so maybe the buldge in the armpit/breast area would go away if I used a different fabric?  This is all so new I just don't know!  The first muslin fit in the front bust pieces, but the arms shoulders and back were big enough for five of me... but the front fit fine without weird bulging .  So I thought by cutting it all down a touch (two sizes) I might get some reasonable arms and it might all even out... still leaving an inch and a half of extra length for the full bust adjustment but taking out the extra 1/2 inch to front width.  I will leave this one as is and see what happens with an added skirt hanging.  I think maybe I should have left the width?


No comments:

Post a Comment